Monday 2 April 2018

New Layout, New Blog

Well I decided that it was time to start a new blog, for my new Grand Trunk (NEL) layout.

Construction should start this spring.  In the meantime I am still constructing rolling stock and blogging about it there.

I have a visit with the "Model Railroad Enabler" planned for tomorrow to develop a track plan.  I will have to keep my guard up, or I could come away modelling the Yukon railway.  😜

I have copied all the GT relevant posts from this blog to the new one.  I will continue to post here for any non GT related topics.  In peculiar, I am going to blog about getting kids involved in the hobby, as I assist my son in building his first layout.  He and I will be using it a as a test bed for new scenery techniques.

You can find the Grand Trunk blog by clicking on this link.

South Paris Switcher

I have added an email sign up so you can follow along if you want.

8 comments:

  1. Cool, will add that blog to my reading list. I remember the RMC article called South Paris Switcher with accompanying trackplan being notable enough that I still remember it today. A quick Google search identified this as the Jan 1987 issue. Now I want to dig that out and take a look at it again out of curiosity. Looks like you are modeling an earlier era than that plan/article if I recall. Good luck on the new plan and layout adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,

      I considered using the layout plan from that article, as I have a section in my basement almost exactly that size. Then I decided that a layout without a duck under was more to my liking.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing about your new layout modelling modern double stack traffic on the Tehachapi Loop following your visit with the enabler this week :P

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  4. gui hang di my phu nhuan https://expressdhl.com.vn/ntt-express-van-chuyen-hang-quoc-te-dhl-tai-phu-nhuan/

    ReplyDelete